Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Coming Clean Day 7! Chicken - Yea!!

          Day 7!   I made it!  I have lost 8 pounds and 3% body fat!  Success.  I am very excited.  The second day of the weekend was tougher than the first - I ended up adding an extra banana to make it through a hike at Beaver Lake with my kids.  And we watched a movie, so I added a 1 cup of microwave popcorn - Steve reminded me that corn is a vegetable after all! 

          Yesterday I added chicken.  It never tasted so good.  I had some leftovers in the fridge from that crockpot meal and I ate that with cooked zucchini.  For dinner, more chicken, this time roasted by my mom!  I didn't realize that I hadn't eaten anything cooked in a week.  Hot food tasted so good.  I also added some almonds - making snack time a little more enjoyable.

          So, I continue eating all veges, two fruits, and now some protein.  I actually have more energy today and hopefully I won't be so miserable.  The miserable part, Steve brought to my attention last night!  I usually get miserable when I am hungry and hungry is an understatement for this past week. 

          I trudge on and hope that scale keeps going in the right direction and those waistbands keep getting looser.  

          I leave with you with a statement from Thomas Jefferson:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.


 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment