Thursday, November 15, 2012

Smoothies for breakfast!

          After one official week, I am down 10 pounds.  Yeah!  Now to keep it off.  I added beans last night for dinner in the form of soup and almond milk for breakfast.  The almond milk is a wonder!  It doesn't taste too great to just drink, but put in a blender with a frozen banana and an apple (unpeeled) and some ice - it was a great breakfast smoothie.  I made this yesterday for breakfast and I thought I had eaten at a buffet, I was so full!  Today I made the smoothie with a frozen banana and frozen strawberries (unsweetened).  Too many frozen fruits though - I was full and freezing this time! 

          Adding protein has given me a lot more energy!  I am sort of getting back to my normal exercise routine.  I swam this morning and taught Kickbox yesterday.  Looking forward to a trainer ride tomorrow. 

          I am now really wanting some real carbs - oatmeal, a cracker or two, some pita, or just a taste of Jacob's frozen waffle that he had for breakfast.  Although I will be careful with that one b/c I always "taste" the boys' food and I know that adds a lot of extra calories to my intake.  I've heard them called BLTs - Bites, Licks, and Tastes.  Not good!

          So, the addition for today will be fish for dinner.  Not so thrilling, but varying the protein has made things a lot more pleasant.  I'll keep you posted...



No comments:

Post a Comment